Join us as we pave the way for a thriving digital society. We are Commencis!
Commencis helps leading brands grow and scale in digital, powered by its big data, analytics and cloud products.
Bringing together more than 20 years of experience in the world of digital, design and technology, we transform businesses to thrive and stay relevant in a demanding digital world.
We enable our clients to design and build digital experiences, create stronger and more meaningful relationships with their customers, and bring agility and scalability to their businesses. We love to discover what’s next. We love creating new ways for the digital society to interact. Our workplace values collaboration and curiosity with an open mindset. If you share the same passion with our fellow Commencers, then let us unleash your world-class potential!
Are you ready to be a Future Commencer?
Our internship program is heavily-based on practice, but we’ve got you covered with a curated learning path which includes several courses and trainings according to the theme of each week. You’ll involve team meetings and activities to observe how it’s like to be a designer in Commencis.
In this 6-week compressed program, we aimed to help you analyze a project from end to end, to be involved in all design processes, and to clarify your career goals by learning and developing. At the end of the process, you will conduct a case study and present the outputs obtained during your time here.
Learn how it’s like to be a Commencer! Onboard to our design team, get to know our processes and tools better. Meet your mentors, and start your research.
Learn more about user experience design basics. Keep in touch with your mentors and the team. Start your design project while you are walking through the learning path.
Deep dive into UI design basics and create a visual language for your “product”. Give a life to your design and test out your prototype to validate your ideas.
It’s show time! Prepare a case study while learning how to prepare one. Present your train of thoughts, design journey and final outputs to the team.
What to Expect?
- Gain experience in a specific area necessary to your desired career path.
- Have a chance to work on a project that will boost your resume and portfolio.
- Be a part of our design team for educational, inspirational and supportive purposes.
- Observe our working environment, achievements and obstacles on a daily basis.
- Create a valuable network before getting started to your career as a designer.
- Learn from pioneers of the ecosystem -and hey, get paid!
- Bonus: An opportunity for turning into an entry level hire -being a Commencer.
Characteristics of a Future Commencer
- Being a solid team player, participating in research, ideation and conceptual design activities.
- Willing to gain new skills, ask questions and embrace feedbacks
- Comfortable using Figma or relevant design software tools for wireframing, designing and prototyping
- A creative mind with knowledge in user experience, interface and interaction design.
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills.
FAQ- Design Internship
- When is the Future Commencer Design Internship?
The 6-week Future Commencer Summer Internship program will start on July 25 and will last until September 2, 2022.
- How is the Commencis internship application evaluation process like?
We will get the applications via LinkedIn and our web site. The resumes and portfolios of the applicants will be evaluated. Our goal is to hire motivated, enthusiastic, and interested 3rd and 4th year design students.
- Is the internship going to be remote?
We’ll have a hybrid program. You can work remotely, but those who wish can also work from the office (some participants from the previous year worked from the office.)
- Do Commencis interns get paid?
We expect the university to cover the students' insurance during their internship period. We pay a salary, provide Sodexo meal card and pay commute expenses during the intern period.
- Do the interns have the right to work from Summer Campus?
All our interns can benefit from the Summer Campus.
- What kind of a project will I be working on?
We have a project that is specifically designed for the internship program. You’ll start working on the project as soon as you receive the brief on the first day! You are expected to do an end-to-end design analysis as a team and to come up with a concept product.
- How will the program of the internship be like?
The 6-week process will begin with the research methods, then the results will be analyzed, and problems will be identified. Following the clarification of flows and wireframes, concept designs will be completed and ready for transfer. All outputs will be compiled into a case study and presented in the last week.
- How can I benefit from my project?
According to the theme of each week, you will take lessons from your mentors, and you will be able to reach them and ask their questions whenever you want. In addition, you will have the chance to reinforce your knowledge through a specially prepared learning path and observe good practices by participating in the team meetings.
- Which tools will I use for design?
We will work in Figma throughout the whole process. It would be nice to have a little review before joining us, but if you've never used it before, don't worry, we've planned a little tutorial for you.
- What do we expect from a Future Commencer?
It is very critical to be a good team player, be open to developing new skills, and not hesitate to ask questions and listen to feedback. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential. We are looking for candidates with an interest in user experience and interface design.
- Is a summer internship at Commencis an advantage for obtaining a full-time or part-time position at the company?
There can be part-time or full-time job opportunities for our interns after the internship period. Interns may be suitable candidates for permanent roles depending on the job requirements and the needs. Those who are interested in applying are evaluated according to their performance.
- We want people to thrive at Commencis. Here are what Commencers like about working at Commencis.
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Competitive salary, private health insurance, pension & retirement plans (company backed pension system), meal card & commute compensation, paid birthday-off
- Happier Weekdays: We offer flexible working hours including remote working option. Online events, guest speakers, refreshments in the office, meeting-light culture and many more to enjoy the weekdays.
- Never Stop Learning: We support learning and development programs for pretty much anything. And provide you the opportunity to reach the leading online e-learning platforms like Udemy & libraries.
- Community & Socials: We are a tight-knit community and love gathering together. Happy hours, workshops, new year party, city tours, Summer Campus are only some of our social activities.
- Open culture: We offer a flat organization, direct & open communication culture. We value Commencers’ voice, and address any suggestions and questions you ask.