National Sales and Acquisition Manager Turkey (TK)
Shell Mobility represents the single largest customer-facing business in the group serving more than 30mln mobility and over 250,000 Fleet customers per day through 500,000 service champions in over 44,000 sites across 70+ countries. As RDS looks to the future, Mobility is critical to establish Shell as The Low Carbon Leader, with ambitions to be the no. 1 mobility and convenience retailer, with the world’s leading EV charging network and lead in business and goods mobility platform.
Achieving our ambitions will necessitate placing customers at the heart of our business, treating every interaction as a chance to bring our purpose to life to making people’s journeys better. We’re evolving from ‘fuels retailer’ to ‘mobility retailer’- innovating to meet our customers’ changing expectations around convenience, product quality, digitalization and service. This includes continuing to improve the quality of our current products while expanding our alternative energy mosaic (LNG, hydrogen, EV charging and biofuels).
People make the difference real! Mobility is the most customer intimate business in Shell and a front seat to the mobility transition seen from the eyes of customer. A career in mobility is fast paced and dynamic whether you are creating a rewards program for our service champions, developing an award-winning app for our customers, developing a community engagement program or engineering a safe forecourt. Come join us as we embark on the next phase of our ambition focusing on e-mobility and decarbonization.
Key Dimensions of the Shell Mobility B2C Business in Turkey:
No of Sites: ~ 1.050 sites
Fuel vols: ~ 3,7 bln litres
Fuel Margin p.a. (T&R 2020): ~ 171 mln US$
NFR margin (T&R 2020): ~ 16 mln US$
RAC (T&R 2021): 26 mln US$
C5 (T&R 2021): 159 mln US$
As a Mobility Management Team member this role is a P&L role, supporting the safe delivery of all five 2025 Aspirations for Mobility.
This is a highly operational and commercial role designed to deliver the ambitious and exciting growth strategies for Mobility, ensuring safe operations at all times. Regularly there are new Customer Value Propositions to bring to market that will be market leading. Mobility has strong ambitions to redefine its’ CR and loyalty offerings in the marketplace, as well as ramp up energy transition and carbon reduction initiatives such as EV charging, LNG, Nature Based Solutions. This brings with it complexity and a need to deeply support our front line staff, together with supporting our Retailers and Dealers.
The National Sales Manager forms part of the TK Mobility Management Team and reports to the GM Mobility TK. This is a senior role and will stand in for the GM Mobility from time to time.
• Responsible for leading the Mobility sales agenda and business targets.
• Responsible for leading the CO Territory Managers (TMs) and Dealer Sales Manager (DM DO) to deliver business objectives. This role will work closely with the Operations Manager in ensuring alignment and compliance to global operating standards at the Service Stations.
• This role will continue the journey to drive a performance culture and energise the organisation, Retailers and Frontline staff to grow the business and brand value. Based on the ambitious and exciting plans in a period of Accelerated Growth, this role will support the sales team to implement and significantly enhance the Customer Value Propositions delivery at Service Stations, whilst working very closely with the Marketing Teams and the Network Development Team.
• Retail aims to continue to improve customer experience through delivering on the best offers, best people and best locations.
• This role will contribute significantly in shaping and delivering the fit For Growth Journey.
• Proactively lead the HSSE agenda.
• Deliver Mobility TK sales scorecard, including volume targets, profit targets and operational cost targets.
• Lead, develop, manage and motivate staff within the whole Retail Sales organisation to ensure that the required competencies are in place to meet current and future business needs.
• Manage talent development and a solid succession pipeline.
• Coach field staff through frequent joined field visits.
• Support the field teams in future development and readiness for safe delivery of significant NFR growth and the digital & energy transition landscape
• Continuously improve operational excellence and general standards at all Retail Service Stations.
• Develop strong relationships with Retailers and other stakeholders.
• Drive a retailer recruitment process that enables evolving and strengthening the retailer pool pro-actively.
• Own the Retailer Panel, ensuring communication plan is fit for purpose to engender trusting relationships and constructive two-way dialogue.
• Lead a streamlined Retailer Recruitment process, ensuring a healthy pipeline of future Retailers and with reference to the capabilities needed to deliver complex and more NFR offerings.
• Lead team to develop and implement the next generation RBA (possibly RBS) model and ensure the management thereof after the rollout.
• Implement local and Global CVP’s.
• Drive DO growth through supporting the 2020 DO Strategy and the Dealer Team.
• Strengthen the DO DVP.
• Monitor and anticipate competitor activity and develop appropriate response strategies.
• Ensure regulatory compliance and protect licence to operate at all times.
• Support and lead initiatives to improve operational efficiency
Direct reports: 8
Indirect reports: 57
Significant C5 delivery and YoY growth.
Please contact the hiring manager if you would like to discuss.
• Significant growth agenda, with large investments made in new fuels and CR.
• Ability to develop deeply commercial win-win strategic relationships with Retailers.
• Strong knowledge of retail operations and understanding of site level profitability.
• Thorough appreciation of NFR and CR end to end value streams and income maximisation opportunities. In particular need to further grow the bottom line contribution of investments made in e.g. Deli by Shell and Car-wash.
• Understanding of DO market dynamics. Understanding the potential for non-fuel income growth in the different Dealer channel segments.
• As E-mobility is a growing and rapidly changing business, the content of this role is likely to evolve as new growth opportunities arise. This will provide top talent with a set of new challenges to thrive on as they personally contribute to shaping the future of E-mobility.
• The e-mobility related roles sit spread across the business. It will require the staff involved to collaborate well across Marketing, Sales, Fleet Solutions, CRT, Mobility and New Energies.