If you are a supply chain professional, who is looking for a role which combines working with the customer, suppliers and our own supply chain teams, with high accountability this could be your chance to master your supply chain skills and develop further. You can fuel the growth journey of our GKA lubricants business in this role, as part of a supportive team which will help you enhance in your career steps. It is an exciting time in the Global Key Accounts journey as we move into an integrated organisation focused on driving and maximizing value for the business through strong collaboration with the Sales, marketing, technology, customer operations and finance teams.
There is a growing interest from our GKA customers to standardise our business models in order to participate in global tenders and improve our E2E offer & services, which required creating a direct sales and supply relation with Shell in indirect markets. Between 2019-2021, a project named Jupiter has established the basis of this new direct business model, which utilizes supply chain capabilities of our MD business partners in indirect markets and turns them into logistics service providers for a limited part of the portfolio. We require supply chain professionals with high levels of stakeholder management skills to run & improve our supply chain operations for this business model, which is already operational in 7 markets (and 8 more in the pipeline) and delivering >2 million litres per annum.
As GKA Direct Supply Lead, you will be acting as global supply chain focal point of this business model and will be responsible for implementation of it in new markets and for new Customers from LSC perspective if required. Together with the contract owners, this role is going to develop strategies to maximize the performance and value we get from for the service providers by coordinating value delivery projects.
- Monitoring performance of 7 service providers and actively looking for opportunities to optimize performance and costs together with contract owner and GKA Direct Logistics Lead
- If new businesses using direct GKA supply model are awarded, operationalising the framework agreements in 8 countries in the project’s pipeline
- Representing LSC in decision making forums for new market / customer implementations
Candidates should have:
· Supply chain experience (Previous involvement in Project Jupiter is a plus)
· Strong commercial skills and experience with a customer-focused mindset
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to drive trade off conversations between sales, LSC and service providers in case of conflicting objectives.
· Results oriented and able to ensure timely delivery through others, intervening as necessary
· Strategic thinking: Bring the broader perspective and identify creative, costs effective and sustainable solutions
· Able to manage their own time and focus on priorities that drive maximum value whilst still ensuring delivery on urgent operational items
- Can be performed as a Virtual role in EMEA.