Purpose: Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk. They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
Accountabilities: The Finance Advisor will for a variety of activities / opportunities assigned to them by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of CoEs above pre-agreed thresholds
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place
- In activities where FO and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people (the Finance Advisor is explicitly not acting as an ad hoc fixer to mitigate process performance issues)
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation. For example (in initiating digitalisation projects and acting as a connector between FO and the business)
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity (“demand management”)
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes
Interfaces: Finance Advisors, as part of a pool supporting the business:
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity, asset or business partner. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritised based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will on specific projects/transactions work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance to deliver as “One Finance” with the (CoE) and Finance Operations
- Acts across organisational boundaries as required in the specific activity (e.g. across Finance for an opportunity across all DS CoBs)