Shell Marine is a truly global and growing business, supplying lubricants, chemicals and technical and digital services to customers and their vessels in over 700 ports and 60 countries worldwide. We serve everything from small fishing vessels to the world’s largest container ships, helping to keep the world’s maritime fleet moving which transports over 80% of all goods manufactured and consumed globally.
Marine Account Manager role is an ideal role for sales professionals passionate about making a difference. You will support existing and new customers with their lubricant needs, help grow Shell’s new chemical Shipcare business and deliver innovative and industry-leading technical and digital services to help push the industry forward. You will play a key role in supporting customers through the Energy Transition. Join us and help drive meaningful change as we tackle the challenge of helping to decarbonize the shipping industry.
Where you fit in
You will join an international and diverse team of sales and technical professionals within Shell’s Sectors and Decarbonisation organisation. The South Europe & Middle East Shell Marine team is an integral part of Shell’s global Marine business and focuses on serving customers based in Turkey, Romania,Bulgaria, Azerbaijan. This role will be located in Turkey
What’s the role?
Marine Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing the business with customers based in Turkey, Romania,Bulgaria and Azerbaijan. This includes direct business with globally operating ship owners and managers as well as Trading groups. You will have end to end customer responsibility, working closely with a wide-ranging team including technical, supply, marketing, customer service and other sales professionals.
• Help drive meaningful change in the Marine industry by supporting customers through the Energy Transition.
• Represent Shell’s brand, mission and products in the global shipping industry based in Turkey.
• Evaluate, understand, and support customers’ lubricant and chemical (Shell Shipcare) product’s and technical and digital services’ needs, managing the end-to-end sales cycle from customer acquisition, contract negotiations through to product delivery.
• Actively prospect and develop a pipeline of new business.
• Collaborate closely with a global team of Sales, Technical, Marketing and Supply Chain professionals to deliver the best possible customer experience.
• Continuously help improve what and how we serve our existing (and future) customers in the best possible way.
• Working with highly dynamic and international customers in a competitive, global market.
• Managing highly competitive and demanding local market needs
• Driving change in a traditional industry with focus and passion, helping to support the decarbonization of the marine industry.
• Work effectively in a large, global organization.
• Creating collaboration with key stake-holders
What we need from you?
We are looking for a passionate, curious, highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record of achievement. Requirements include:
• A passion for and extensive background in B2B sales. A fast learner and flexible team player, driven to make a difference.
• Digital knowledge and data-driven decision making.
• A technical background and/or specific Shipping Industry experience is advantageous.
• A solid understanding of supply chain management.
• Fluency in English/Turkish
• A driver’s license and willingness to travel.