What to Expect?
- Gain experience in a specific area necessary to your desired career path.
- Have a chance to work on a project that will boost your resume and portfolio.
- Be a part of our design team for educational, inspirational and supportive purposes.
- Observe our working environment, achievements and obstacles on a daily basis.
- Create a valuable network before getting started to your career as a designer.
- Learn from pioneers of the ecosystem -and hey, get paid!
- Bonus: An opportunity for turning into an entry level hire -being a Commencer.
Characteristics of a Future Commencer
- Being a solid team player, participating in research, ideation and conceptual design activities.
- Willing to gain new skills, ask questions and embrace feedbacks
- Comfortable using Figma or relevant design software tools for wireframing, designing and prototyping
- A creative mind with knowledge in user experience, interface and interaction design.
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills.
FAQ- Design Internship
- When is the Future Commencer Design Internship?
The 6-week Future Commencer Summer Internship program will start on July 25 and will last until September 2, 2022.
- How is the Commencis internship application evaluation process like?
We will get the applications via LinkedIn and our web site. The resumes and portfolios of the applicants will be evaluated. Our goal is to hire motivated, enthusiastic, and interested 3rd and 4th year design students.
- Is the internship going to be remote?
We’ll have a hybrid program. You can work remotely, but those who wish can also work from the office (some participants from the previous year worked from the office.)
- Do Commencis interns get paid?
We expect the university to cover the students' insurance during their internship period. We pay a salary, provide Sodexo meal card and pay commute expenses during the intern period.
- Do the interns have the right to work from Summer Campus?
All our interns can benefit from the Summer Campus.
- What kind of a project will I be working on?
We have a project that is specifically designed for the internship program. You’ll start working on the project as soon as you receive the brief on the first day! You are expected to do an end-to-end design analysis as a team and to come up with a concept product.
- How will the program of the internship be like?
The 6-week process will begin with the research methods, then the results will be analyzed, and problems will be identified. Following the clarification of flows and wireframes, concept designs will be completed and ready for transfer. All outputs will be compiled into a case study and presented in the last week.
- How can I benefit from my project?
According to the theme of each week, you will take lessons from your mentors, and you will be able to reach them and ask their questions whenever you want. In addition, you will have the chance to reinforce your knowledge through a specially prepared learning path and observe good practices by participating in the team meetings.
- Which tools will I use for design?
We will work in Figma throughout the whole process. It would be nice to have a little review before joining us, but if you've never used it before, don't worry, we've planned a little tutorial for you.
- What do we expect from a Future Commencer?
It is very critical to be a good team player, be open to developing new skills, and not hesitate to ask questions and listen to feedback. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential. We are looking for candidates with an interest in user experience and interface design.
- Is a summer internship at Commencis an advantage for obtaining a full-time or part-time position at the company?
There can be part-time or full-time job opportunities for our interns after the internship period. Interns may be suitable candidates for permanent roles depending on the job requirements and the needs. Those who are interested in applying are evaluated according to their performance.