SPAS is %100 subsidiary of STAS JV that serves the purpose of mainly operating CO network in addition to other pioneering endeavors in other businesses (it is our test pit for promoting new CVP’s at New Energies, LNG & EV & Solar). Operating 83 CO sites at the moment with 37 Retailers (RBAs), SPAS is the largest Retail distributor of STAS that generates %12 of total fuels sales volume of STAS (800 mln lt annually). The company's operations cover different CoBs including Mobility Retail (Fuels and NFR), Lubricants, Commercial Fuels and LNG. SPAS is a non-GSAP OU and employs its own IT systems such as Promaks as Back-office-system at sites and Logo as the main ERP. Being a separate legal entity, SPAS has its own governance structure, Board, MoA, processes & control framework.
The company has grown significantly in the last years as a result of CO growth and NFR strategies and turnover has reached to 7bln TL per annum.
SPAS FM is a key management and leadership position that will ensure business growth is accomplished in a controlled and profitable way , main accountabilities will be providing Finance support to the SPAS business manager, stakeholders in STAS , as well as leadership of the Company Operation Finance organization in Turkey. SPAS FM will oversee full range of finance activities in SPAS - controlling, financial accounting, treasury, tax, appraisal, planning, strategy, governance and assurance, economics, credit and CP, MI , and business decision support.
None of the finance activities are off-shored and the subsidiary uses its own ERP system and the role leads a team of approx. 20 staff performing all Finance & Accounting activities as well as C&P, Audit (RSAA team).
The role contributes to the management and performance of the Turkey Finance team and is therefore a member of the Finance leadership team.
The SPAS Finance Manager needs to be the valued partner of the business teams delivering best practice finance management and leadership by inspiring / attracting talent through embedding Shell leadership attributes and providing a great opportunity to develop broad skills and work visibly on the key finance areas. Ability to understand the value drivers of site operations and influence decision making accordingly is key. Creating one-team spirit and improving collaboration / teamwork between SPAS Finance & Mobility FiB teams.
SPAS FM will also be the key business partner on maximizing the value from CR offer and supporting growth and NFR strategy while driving compliance with Shell policies and ensuring proper controls are in place.
The role should be able to drive the business agenda along these, while embedding the Matrix organization successfully to ensure STAS expertise / know-how is effectively leveraged.
- Resource, lead, train and develop the Finance organization to help delivery of the CO & NFR strategies.
- Leader of Community, leading a team of 80 people (Shell staff & 3rd party
- contractors) through 9 direct reports.
- Member of Shell Turkey’s Finance Leadership Team.
- Maintain proper stakeholder management with STAS and wider Shell
- Accountable for the accuracy of financial statements by ensuring reliable period-end activities.
- Develop and implement Treasury, Accounting, IT, CP and Credit processes and systems within SPAS by collaborating with the relevant teams in STAS Finance organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs by embedding cash flow projection activities aligning with STAS Treasury team.
- Monitor SPAS banking activities.
- Oversee IT support activities for SPAS, coordinate with STAS IT team the application support for Promaks and Logo/Unity and the delivery of SPAS IT projects
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead the T&R process for SPAS by closely cooperating with the STAS Mobility Finance team.
- Lead strategy development, guiding the company as appropriate in development of aspirational plans.
- Business Decision Support:
- Implement reliable MI systems for the follow-up of business results and financials to help better decision support.
- In coordination with STAS Mobility Finance team, drive for cost and value balance in investment decisions, lead the business for correct allocation of the existing resources among investment alternatives and ensure accurate performance measurement criteria are displayed for investments.
- Work closely with STAS CP team to maintain compliant CP and Contract Mngt processes and pursue bottom line impact for SPAS via opportunities like better supply chain management.
- Ensure proper management of pricing, sales, purchase, RBA contracts, with focus on value protection and enhancement.
- Ensure commercial and financial (eg Credit) risks are properly assessed, quantified and mitigated in line with Business objectives, adhering to Global policy (eg Treasury and Credit guidelines) as appropriate.
- Articulate the link btw plans, T&R, LEs and actuals by close monitoring on KPIs to support Business deliver the T&R.
- Provide clear and consistent business appraisal that allows for timely decision making for the business.
Governance and Business Controls:
- Drive compliance to Shell standards by ensuring proper financial/business controls and governance framework are in place. (eg. MoA, risk assessments)
- Adoption and compliance with the Shell Group Code of Conduct, Ethics and Compliance and Export Controls policies in alignment with DS Business Compliance office.
- Implement tax compliance systems & procedures, eg. Transfer pricing
- Processes and fulfill the requirements of tax investigations for SPAS in coordination with the Country tax team.
Volume: 800 ml litres/yr
Turnover: 500m $/yr
C3: 26m $/yr
Asset size: 50m $
Total spending (opex & capex): 35m $
Number of staff: 20 Shell staff + 60 contractors
Managing all activities and associated risks in a non-GSAP OU that brings additional challenge of designing non-standard processes, systems and controls that conforms with Shell standards with limited integration to Shell systems.
Having a special challenge of operating the CO network in a non-standard RBA platform that allows the ownership of CR stock by Shell which increases complexity due the need to follow all statutory and group reporting aspects (stock valuation, profitability, sales, reporting needs etc.) of 2000+ SKUs in Shell Select shops
The successful applicant should have strong leadership skills, willing to pro-actively drive the personal development of the SPAS Finance Team members, inspire/motivate team as well ensure one- team is achieved between SPAS/STAS Finance teams.